Binary Bingo

Selecting 'Phi' on this graphic leads us to a long scroll patterned like this - the scroll is about 300 lines long, including various spacings between patterns. The sheer magnitude of this puzzle just stopped me in my tracks for a while, but then I figured I needed to start somewhere. The pattern looks like binary numbers, so I worked on the first 3 pattern groups to convert them to decimal, just to be doing something I knew how to do.


Here is how the first 3 pattern groups translate to decimal. When you survey the smaller values, you see that they all come from the Fibonacci series. That motivated me to expand my Fibonacci list to see if the big number values in our grouping list are also Fibonacci numbers. They all are!


When you reference our pattern group against this expanded list of the Fibonacci values, the biggest sample number is the 24th entry in the Fibonacci list. That is evocatively close to 26 (as in the number of alphabet signs). If we pair the Fibonacci numbers to the alphabet, the first 3 groups translates to:  

Xanadu lives inside. 

Huh! - not Klaatu Barada Nikto, but it does form recognizable words. We will see what the rest of the message is, next time.


Comments

Popular Posts